Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mommy's Girl

 

Today, when we took Pam's parents to meet Paulina, we walked through the door and I heard her crying. Now, don't be to emotionally charged just yet - it appeared as if she was crying because she had gotten into trouble and was in a short time-out...which led to her unhappy moment.

As soon as she saw me, she cried, "Pa-paaaaa!" and I of course, ran to her rescue. She clung to me for just a moment until she saw Pam. When she noticed Pam coming, she cried, "Pa-paaaa!" again (slight confusion on who is Papa and who is Mama) and grabbed immediately for Pam.

For nearly 30 minutes, Paulina clung to Pam - with her little head pressed into Pam's neck and burrowed in her Mommy's protective arms. The moment was priceless.

Then, without urging, she was fine - and proceeded to play with Pam's dad and some of the other people in the room.

It was a perfect day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jessica W. said...

Awww, so precious!! (And I love the photo)

I can't wait to meet Paulina one of these days....

Jacki said...

Thanks for sharing your story via this blog! You will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! The picture is priceless!